Tuesday 15 March 2022

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Green Books

         

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week, our topic is Books On My Spring 2022 TBR
As always, with these challenges, I still have a few others to complete so will not start a new one before I have finished those that are on my unfinished lists.

Classic Challenge 2021  
The Classics Club  
Mid Year Book Freakout Tag 2021  
Top Ten Tuesday ~ 2021 Releases I Was Excited to Read But Didn’t Get To
Top Ten Tuesday ~ Twenty-Three Books on My Winter 2021 To-read List
Top Ten Tuesday ~ Book(ish) Christmas Presents
Nonfiction November 2021 Week 5 New to My TBR #NonficNov 5
Top Ten Tuesday ~ Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2021

If you are interested to see how I am getting on there, have a look at the links.

However, that makes me twist the subject again. I don't want to steer away from the topic too much and thought about doing something with spring titles but I don't have any. What are the odds? However, I saw a nice idea on another post last week, Marg @ TheIntrepidReader had used books with "Green" in the title or in the author's name. Thanks for that, Marg.

Green is a good colour for spring, IMHO. So, I found four books with the author's name "Green/Greene/Green...", four books with the word "Green" in the title and then I added two books that have entirely green covers.

Which means, this is my topic of the week: Green Books

Green is not only my favourite colour but also my political view, so I had a lot of fun finding the titles.

Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von "The Sorrows of Young Werther" (GE: Die Leiden des Jungen Werther) - 1774 (green book)
Green, Hannah (Joanne Greenberg) "I Never Promised you a Rose Garden" - 1964
Green, John "The Fault in Our Stars" - 2012
Greene, Graham "Brighton Rock" - 1938
- "The End of the Affair" - 1951

Maalouf, Amin "Samarkand" (F: Samarcande) - 1988 (green book)
Montgomery, L. M. "Anne of Green Gables" - 1908
Rylant, Cynthia "Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years" - 2002
Sachar, Louis "Stanley Yelnats’ Survival Guide to Camp Green Lake" - 2003
Ulitzkaya, Lyudmila "Imago" or "The Big
Green Tent" (RUS: Зеленый шатер = Zelenyi shater) - 2010

While reminiscing about the colour, I remembered another post I did a while ago, Yaourter, Mondegreen, Lorem Ipsum and Pangrams. It has nothing to do with the colour
green but with another favourite subject of mine, languages.

I hope everyone enjoys this twist. Do you have any "Green" books?

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

20 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Little House books I read when I was younger, so that Ingalls one caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lovely books and I think the TV series added to the attraction for many. I'm glad you liked them, Greg.

      Delete
  2. Fun twist! I so need to meet Werther again!
    I integrated in my list books I need to read for various challenges and events: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/03/15/top-ten-books-on-my-spring-2022-tbr/
    The latest book I reviewed happens to be half green: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/03/14/book-review-the-radium-girls-the-dark-story-of-americas-shining-women/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right there, Emma. I had to read Werther for my final exams but I chose to interpret one of the poems they gave us because it spoke to me more. I would probably read it very differently right away.

      I think the next time we have a topic like that, I might combine whatever is still on my list. We'll see. I can always do another colour. LOL I'll have to look at the "Radium Girls", sounds interesting.

      Delete
    2. I discovered Werther when I was 15 and loved it/him so much

      Delete
    3. I was a little older. I think I explained before that I didn't have a huge choice of books in my youth and I just didn't come across it at school. I guess it was always out because the older years had to read it. Did you ever read "The new Sorrows of Young W." by Ulrich Plenzdorf. I just realized that I never reviewed it. Will have to do that at some point.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed John Green's book when I read it years ago! I haven't read Anne of Green Gables but I did read a graphic novel re-telling of it recently and enjoyed it enough to want to pick up the original 😂 Great change of topic today, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dini. I didn't read Anne of Green Gables until I was an adult. I understand the attraction for children but it is also nice for adults. I think you will like it. Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. Green is one of my favorite colors! I loved John Green's book. I read it when it first came out and was super popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's how I got to read it, Aj. I usually stay away from books that are too popular but, if you read my review, you will find that I really liked this one.

      And green is such a lovely colour, I would choose it anywhere over any other colour.

      Delete
  5. Love your green spin in this week's TTT. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. Everything around us gets green again, so that's how I thought it might be a decent twist. LOL

      Delete
  6. I love your list! What a great twist on this week's prompt.

    Here is my #TTT post: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-spring-2022-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae. I've done so many TBR lists and still haven't finished them all. Also, I didn't want to repeat it all again, so there you go.

      Delete
  7. Green is my favorite color as well and it's a perfect one for Spring! I love the combination of green book covers, "green" in the title, and Green as an author's name. Lots of fun! ANNE OF GREEN GABLES is my favorite book on this list.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Susan, I would not have found enough books for one category of green but together, I just made it. LOL

      It's tough for me to decide which of the books is my favourite. They are all pretty good.

      Delete
  8. I love this idea! All the books in my free little library have green spines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, that is interesting. Did you post a picture, I'll have to have a look. Thanks, Cindy.

      Delete
  9. How cool to have inspired your list! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Marg. Honuor whom honour is due. I loved your list and if I take up an idea, I like to tell everyone about it. I had a lot of fun with this one. So, thanks again.

      Delete