Friday 18 March 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

   

"We can’t change the world, and a lot of the time we can’t even change people. No more than one bit at a time. So we do what we can to help whenever we get the chance. We save those we can. We do our best." Fredrik Backman, Anxious People

Wouldn't it be nice if we could change the world, no more wars, no more viruses ... And yes, we do what we can, we can't avoid some idiots starting a war but we can help thouse who suffer from it, in our own little ways.

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger – something better, pushing right back."
Albert Camus (Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été.)

I don't really like summer but I can subscribe to this meaning, even if it isn't sure whether Camus wrote it or not.

"To enter a wood is to pass into a different world in which we ourselves are transformed." Roger Deakin,
Wildwood

I would change "wood" into "book" but I think it applies to both.
 
Find more book quotes here.

8 comments:

  1. That Albert Camus quote is one of my favorites! I have it on a little plaque in my room. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nice, Lark. It is indeed beautiful. And he happens to be my favourite French writing author.

      Delete
  2. I like the quote from Wildwood. There's something magical about forests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely, Lectrice. I just think the quote also is good if you talk about books.

      Delete
  3. I ended up DNF-ing Anxious People. I just could not get into it. How did you like it as a whole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read it. I read "A Man Called Ove" and that was alright but it didn't encourage me to read more by the same author. This is just a quote I liked.

      Delete
    2. Anxious People made me not seek out any of the author's other work as well, so looks like we are covered, lol

      Delete
    3. Heehee, I guess we are. It was a nice subject and even an interesting story but ... something was missing.

      Delete