Friday 12 November 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

      
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"Books build empathy.
Empathy leads to compassion.
Compassion leads to change.
Books can change the world." Alan Gratz

A lot of quotations have mentioned this and the longer I know people, the more I agree with it.

"That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your live, but in a new way." Doris Lessing

And sometimes you understand something you didn't understand all your life. I have learned so much about those subjects I didn't like at school or was never taught through my love of reading.

"Books: the children of the brain." Jonathan Swift

And we have the pleasure of seeing those children of so many smart brains. I love it.

Find more book quotes here.  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They do it all the time, Lark. One reader after another.

      Delete
  2. I wish more people would read, so that empathy thing starts to happen!

    ReplyDelete