Friday 5 November 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

      
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"Nothing ever comes out the way I hope it will. That first vision, that initial vision you have of a book what it's going to be like when it's done, it begins to go wrong the second you start to write." Michael Chabon

Maybe he is right there but I have read two books by him ("Summerland" and "The Yiddish Policemen's Union" and they both came out very well.

"It's the secret we never, ever tell our children. No adult ever read a book because it's good for us. We read because it is fun." Jacqueline French

My sentiments exactly. We should read a lot to get more knowledge but at the same time, we should read what we enjoy.

"Look around you - there are people around you. Maybe you will remember one of them all your life and later eat your heart out because you didn't make use of the opportunity to ask him questions. And the less you talk, the more you'll hear." Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I guess we all have those moments where we think I should have asked more questions.

Find more book quotes here

2 comments:

  1. I love that Chabon quote! It's definitely something I've found to be true anytime I start to write something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I think we all can say that, whether it's a letter or message or a blogpost. So why should it be better when writing a book?

      Delete