Friday, 29 April 2011

Fry, Stephen “Stephen Fry in America”

Fry, Stephen “Stephen Fry in America” - 2009

I have a lot of American friends and have read a lot of books about the States or situated in the States or written by American authors but I don't think I've ever read one that has given me so much information about that huge country.

Travelling through half a continent in a London taxi, this could only have been the idea of a Brit. I adore Stephen Fry, he is a very smart and witty person, everything a great comedian should be. Well, he did just as great a job as a reporter about America. He visited all 50 states and had a lot to say about every single one. The way he describes the individual ones makes you want to visit almost everyone immediately. He even found nice words for the ones he wasn't so impressed by.

I loved this book.

This was also a television series which is available on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment